Here are a small list of "Peanut Free" Almond recipes.Please feel free to email us with any recipes that you think we may want to post here.
Buckeyes - Heidi Redmond's Famous Almond Butter Buckeyes
Serving 3-4 dozen
1-12oz jar of Redmond's Peanut Free Almond Butter
1 sticks butter or margarine
1/2lb of powdered sugar (add more if needed)
1-12oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1oz of paraffin wax (add more if needed)
Mix first 3 ingredients together with your hands. Adding more powdered sugar until able to roll into balls. Put on cookie sheet and refrigerate overnight or if you can not wait. Place rolled balls on a cookie sheet and place in freezer for half an hour. Then heat chocolate and wax in double pan boiler(one smaller pan has chocolate chips and set in larger pan with water). Dip balls into chocolate with a toothpick. They are also are good without the chocolate. Eat and enjoy;-)
3Tbs Agave Nectar, Honey, or Real Maple Syrup
2Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1Tbs distilled water
Added ingredient suggestions;
Black Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper
Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Drizzle over your favorite salad and enjoy:-)
Almond Cheese Cake
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 Tbs. granulated sugar
2 Tbs. coconut oil softened
1 spring pan 8 inches
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Redmond's Almond Butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 Tbs. honey
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blend together first 4 ingredients. Spread on bottom of spring pan. Place pan in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
While crust is cooling Beat together cream cheese & sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add Xtra crunchy almond butter, honey, vanilla extract and sour cream mix until well blended. Pour into 8 inch spring form pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Remove and cool to room temperature and chill.
Add your favorite topping. Cherries and white chocolate go great with almonds.
Almond Butter Brownies
|1/2 cup Redmond's Almond Butter|
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Almond extract
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Grated coconut
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the almond butter and sugar. Add the eggs and almond extract: mix well. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix well. Stir in the coconut. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let to cool completely before adding toppings.
Cinnamon Bread with Apple Filling
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbs. all-purpose flour( we like to use multi grain flour)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Lrg. diced peeled apple
2 Tbs. Redmond's Peanut Free Almond Butter Xtra Crunchy
Muffin or Loaf Mix
1 Box - Pillsbury cinnamon bread
2 Tbs. ground flaxseed
In a saucepan, olive oil, stir in brown sugar, flour cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Add apples; cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in xtra crunchy almond butter. Cool.
To save some time I used "Pillsbury cinnamon bread" following instructions on box. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add flaxseed to batter. Pour half of batter to chosen pan dust with flour so not to stick. Spoon filling on top of batter. Use half of cinnamon mix from box and sprinkle on top of filling. Use remaining batter and sprinkle remaining cinnamon on top. Place in preheated oven. Follow cooking time on box. I like to start checking after 35 minutes.
Remove and let cool 20-25 minutes. Then add your favorite toppings and drizzle with icing from box. Whala! Great for breakfast or dessert.
Anthony's Almond Butter Match
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 to 2 tablespoons Redmond's Almond Butter
any kind of sprinkles you like
Take all ingredients and mix all together.
"I'm seven years old and I love it!!!" -Anthony Beach
Energy Bars - No Bake
| Total Time|
1 hour 15 mins
Healthy and delicious power bar made with your favorite dried fruit and filled with fiber filled oats, protein packed almonds, seeds, and grains. This snack is great on the go and is sure to get you from meal to meal full of power and energy.
- ½ cup rough chopped almonds
- ¼ cup crushed pretzel pieces
- 1 cup rough chopped cranberries
- 1 cup rough chopped raisins
- 2 cups toasted rolled oats
- 2 cups Multi Grain Cereal (example: Kashi Go Lean cereal with fiber twigs, grahams and honey puffs)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- coconut flakes
- 1 jar Redmond’s X-tra Crunchy almond butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dark Chocolate
- 1-2 scoops Advocare Muscle Gain
- chai seeds
- hemp seeds
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- cocao nibs
- Dried cherries
- Any whole grain cereal can be substituted
1. 1..Combine pretzels, cranberries, raisins, oats, cereal, flaxseed, and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
3. 2..Combine almond butter, cinnamon, and honey in a medium sized pot. Set heat to medium heat until just bubbling 1 to 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended. Pour almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until completely mixed together. There should not be any loose pieces on the bottom of bowl.
4. 3..Use a 9 x 13 cookie sheet & transfer mixture to the cookie sheet. Press down firmly with a spatula and then cut off a 6 x 9 peace of wax paper and use to finish pressing and packing down (I like to use a small roller to get it tightly packed and even) from one corner of pan to the other. You can place in freezer for a few minutes or refrigerate for 30 mins. Then While that is cooling melt your dark chocolate in a double boiler( bottom pan with water and the top smaller pan with chocolate. To keep from scorching or burning chocolate) Once the chocolate is melted, take pan out of freezer and pour the chocolate over top. Then I use a small spatula to coat the entire top or you can just drizzle it if your using a really good dark chocolate 70% coca. Then I just place the pan back in the freezer for a few more minutes.
5. 4.4. Cut bars into desired sizes after chocolate has hardened. You may want to recycle and wrap bars with wax paper and place in an air tight container. Keep at room temp for a week. Refrigerate for 2 weeks. Freeze for a month (thaw to room temp before eating and enjoy.)
You may want to substitute apricots for the cranberries or dates for the raisins. I like to add the coconut flakes, chai seeds or sunflower seeds if I have them. A ¼ cup here or there of some extra goodies is just going to make it more powerful. You may also want to melt a tablespoon or 2 of coconut oil and some cocao bits and then drizzle across the top of bars after pressing and packing them down. You may just want to chop the cocao bits up and throw them into your bowl of dry ingredients instead of getting fancy. Experiment and try something new each time can keep things interesting. Enjoy and have fun with it.
Almond Butter & Oasis Omelet
4 Egg Whites
1 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 Tbs Baked Whole Oats
1 Tbs Almond Butter
1 Package Oasis
Beat 4 egg whites. Melt a Tbs of coconut oil in a frying pan. Then add your 4 beat egg whites. I like to put the lid on top for about 2 minutes until egg whites are at your preferred state. Add almond butter and package of oasis. Fold and add Oats over the top.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
1 Jar Redmond’s Creamy Almond Butter
1 Packet Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake
1 Packet Chocolate Meal Replacement Shake
1 Cup Whole Oats/ or Instant
½ Cup Honey
½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips/ or semi-sweet
1 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
1 Tbs Chia Seeds
Take a large mixing bowl and mix all ingredients together. I would use a wooden spoon to mix. I broke a plastic one at a friends house. Sorry Lynnea! The best part is you can mix and make this in a few minutes and everyone can help. Clean your hands and roll them up as big as you want them.
They are great in some vanilla or chocolate ice cream. We like them just by themselves. Put in a resealable container like the empty almond butter jar and you would be recycling. Then just put the left over in the fridge if you have any and the family will be excited every time they open it for a quick healthy snack on the go.